Monday, April 13, 2009

Moving Time

So as Anastasia mentioned in a previous post, we are moving to a new location in Ames. The whole bit about "location, location, location" is actually true for us, despite the fact that you can get to the middle of town from anywhere in Ames in about 10 minutes. Out new location on clark will mean that Anastasia can walk to work in about 15 minutes and I can walk there in about 30, which was about how long it took to ride the bus sometimes from where we live now.

Of course the complication is that we have to actually get our house ready to sell, and this does not exactly play to our strengths. I dislike home improvement projects because I tend to mess things up or at least think I am about to even when I don't, meaning the process itself is not very enjoyable. I like to think I learned this attitude from my father, who although being better at fixing things than I am dislikes doing it at least as much as I do. Both of us are also by nature packrats, saving things if we think someday it is possible we mightly possibly need something. I think I am starting to turn a corner though and getting excited about decumulating. My research at ISU, which I have been enjoying anyway lately, becomes even more interesting when there are home projects to work on.

No comments: