Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Shaking the marker, or, Do you have to Lather Rinse Repeat?

I was just looking at our permanent marker and noticed that it has instructions on it, as follows: "Recap when not in use. Do not shake." I understand the recap business, but the rest just makes me want to run around the house shaking the marker. What could that possibly hurt?



So many household items come with directions these days. Shampoo and conditioner are getting more complicated (leave on head 3 minutes, then rinse, then repeat), and don't get me started on other hair products (apply to damp (not dry, not wet) hair, using a quarter-sized amount, then blowdry).



Even my deodorant is rife with instructions: Turn the knob one click, then apply. (If only it said which direction to apply. I applied mine vertically instead of horizontally for years.) And on the sticker, it tells you, peel off. Well, you know what? I don't want to peel it off and be left with gummy goo on my hands for the next several weeks!



I think I'm going to rebel. Now where's that marker?

No comments: