Friday, August 29, 2008

The recipe book, so far


So, you may be wondering how the much-ballyhooed recipe book is coming along. I have succeeded in printing out main section tabs (see lower picture). I then discovered that some sections needed further subdivision if I was going to be able to find things, and so I bought these great Post-It tabs you see in the pictures. I wanted to be able to group like recipes together so when I go look for a pizza recipe, for example, I can look at all of them at one time. As you can see, the vegetarian/fish main dish section is a little out of control--or, to put it another way, under very tight control.
I spent much of my time watching the Olympics with scissors in hand, finally cutting recipes out of the dozens of Cooking Light magazines I've been hoarding for years. I had 9 May issues, all from different years (I only subscribed for 3; the rest were freebies at the library)! (Multiply that out by 12 months, and you can guess how many magazines were on my shelf. I have started to refer to them as my "little idols.") Hopefully I will get much more use out of them as a few recipes organized in a binder! And if you're living in Ames and want them, watch at the magazine exchange; I'm bringing them in bit by bit (or just let me know).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: