Sunday, October 26, 2008

Iowa Library conference, part two

Here are some pictures to go with yesterday's post. Top left--the nametag with flair. Top right--a slide from our presentation that I set up to show the progression of letter knowledge (one of the six early literacy skills) in kids. It starts with comparing cubes to spheres, then circles to squares, then identifying letters. Bottom left is the slide for narrative skills--retelling stories--it's a flannelboard set for Brown Bear, Brown Bear. We can take the portable flannelboard with us to storytime visits, or we can wear the flannel apron. The apron is great fun and super easy to deal with, although things get interesting when you let the kids slap the pieces onto the apron.... Bottom right--me in my suit while I was packing. If I get an action shot from the presentation day, I'll post that later.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the comparison of MK v. Library conference. I had to chuckle. You could have really freaked people out by asking if they had any mocha freeze on them that they could share. :)