Tuesday, January 6, 2009

clothing chain reactions

A year or two ago, Anastasia finally convinced me to replace the beat up brown leather satchel and get something that looked nicer, so I got a black laptop carrier instead. But then she observed that my 8 year old green winter coat that doesn't even zip anymore didn't fit well with the more suave book/computer carrier. So a year ago I got a nice black wool overcoat to go with it. But it turns out my old gloves, my old hat, and my old scarf do not go well with the new coat. I like all of them, they do look better than what I had before, and since they were basically all Christmas and Birthday gifts I am happy to wear them. But I also realize this is what happens. We are convinced that we always need one more thing to attain the look or make the impression that we want to make.

1 comment:

Metropuritan Mark said...

Alex, you'll be a metropuritan before you know it...

- Mark