Monday, January 26, 2009

not me! Monday

I've decided to try a "not-me Monday" post where I flagrantly lie about what I have done that I wished I didn't do, and didn't do, that I wished I did ... or something to that effect. (Sounds apostle-Paul like, doesn't it?) I got the idea from my friend Anna over at just to name a few; it was created by MckMama--head to her blog to see what she and many others are NOT doing on Monday! Without further ado ...

I do NOT have dead flowers hanging and sitting in pots all around my house attesting to the fact that I couldn't take the time to clean out the pots in the fall.

I do NOT have an overgrown rosemary bush that's 2/3rds dead, overtaking my office, and scattering needles everywhere.

I am NOT blogging instead of proofreading my dear husband's paper on John Locke that he worked so hard on.

I did NOT make him help package 75 craft bags for a presentation this weekend (more later).

I did NOT miss a dear friend's bridal shower yesterday because I have a nasty habit of piling up mail instead of reading it. (I have NOT missed at least 2 other showers in this same manner!)

I do NOT still let dirty dishes pile up, even though we now have a dishwasher.

I did NOT spend 15 minutes trying the links and picture on this post to work.

I did NOT just overbake my cheesecake. :(

You get the idea....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have so many Not Me's that I cannot even remember them. You made me smile. I can understand putting off proofreading. Alex used to pay me to proof for him in high school, I did not feel that $2 was worth the effort. Hope he has improved...haha

Amy said...

Heehee! I'm glad I logged in to Google Reader at work so I could enjoy this post on my break :) See you tomorrow!

Anna said...

:) I am so glad that you tried a Not Me Monday! Loved it!!!