Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The night of seven desserts



One way that Anastasia and I break with gender stereotypes is that she is far more into chips and fries and I am far more into dessert. I learned in logic class that strictly speaking if someone says "pie or cake" the word "both" is one of the possible correct responses. Rarely does anyone say "pie XOR cake" or "pie exclusive or cake." I take advantage of this. On the cruise, it is all you can eat, and on the last day it was about 4:30 and I decided I wanted an ice cream cone. So began what became known as the night of the seven desserts. At dinner a couple of hours later, I ordered a dessert that was actually a combination of three different desserts (pictured above). And then I also ordered a second dessert. I figured I had not ordered more than one of each type item at dinner all week so I could splurge a little. Our friends had also told the staff that it was our anniversary and they brought us a chocolate berry cake just before the dessert I had ordered. Then Anastasia couldn't finish her own dessert so I ate most of that. Hence the night of the seven desserts. That also doesn't count the cake I had at 10 in the morning that they were passing out after a cooking demonstration (left). That night I actually got a little shaky as we were saying goodbye to everyone from the sugar overload, indicating that I have now officially figured out my limit. Seven is enough.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I share your love of dessert. I am certain we inherited this from Dad. I am fond of answering "Yes" when asked "Would you like cake or pie?"

Hope all is well.

Anna said...

Yes... you make Jack proud. :D