Sunday, June 7, 2009

Supper series

Posted by Picasa
I'm going to start a new series of posts where I show you what we had for dinner and a general description of it. In my opinion, recipes are all fine and dandy, but there are many times I go into the kitchen and just rummage for a meal. I'm always curious to know what other people do in these situations, so maybe someone else will find this interesting, too.
The meal pictured above was intended to be Chicken Peanut Stirfry Noodles. I bought tofu instead of chicken, because it lasts longer in the fridge. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to pan fry it without leaving all the crunchy brown bits (i.e. the best bits) in the pan!
The veggies were a small container of the fresh stirfry veggies available at Fareway. Unfortunately, half of them were rotten by the time I opened the pack, and almost all the rest were potatoes. Stirfry? Potatoes? I sliced them really thin and they came out great--crispy--I'll do them again. The rest of the veggies were okay--the asparagus was great.
I bought a bottle of sauce at Wheatsfield. I love peanut sauce, but don't care to make it. I ended up buying a Ginger Peanut sauce--it's good, but it's mostly ginger.
And then I threw in some cooked bacon we had leftover from super spuds. And that was our meal. Alex liked it okay, but I don't think that particular combination of ingredients will ever show up in our fridge again, nor will I try to make it happen!

No comments: