Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Party Food

Posted by Picasa
What you see here is the beginning of luscious guacamole, which is what I will be bringing to the New Year's Eve party I'm attending. Isn't it beautiful already? If you, too, would like to eat some fresh, tasty guacamole to fight the winter doldrums (and you're not going to the same party I am), see this post for the recipe. Make sure you start with ripe avocadoes!
If you're looking for another good party food, I've listed a few other ideas below. I generally try for something with balance: familiar enough that people will eat it but with a little twist to keep things interesting, simple enough that it doesn't take forever but still looks (and tastes)interesting, and containing some nutritious ingredients but still tasting indulgent. I don't worry too much about cost in these cases, figuring it's hospitality. All of these recipes qualify.
Cranberry Orange Pinwheels--Tasty, fruity cream cheese in tortilla pinwheels
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip--Sweet and rich, accompanied by fresh fruit, always a hit, makes a ton.
Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Cream Cheese Dip--Amazing. I make a non-vegan variation.
Hope that gives you some ideas, and have a Happy New Year!

No comments: