Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cream of Asparagus soup


A friend gave me a couple pounds of homegrown asparagus and this is what I did with it. Since it was all shapes, sizes, and colors (see the sink photo), I thought soup would be perfect. Our favorite way to have asparagus is tossed with EVOO and salt and then grilled, but we've had that a couple times so this was a nice change. I also had some great chicken stock (see previous post) to use up. The recipe for the soup was a little complex, so I won't be posting it here, but I could scan it if someone was interested. Basically, you saute the asparagus with onions (top right), sprinkle flour to thicken, then add the broth and eventually puree it. You save the tips, saute them separately, and float them on top, as seen in the final photo. Our soup was a little stringy, but it's asparagus. Overall a good use of the produce.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: